World Compass Academy's Dual Enrollment means a student is homeschooled for only some subject areas. Students participating in WCA’s Dual Enrollment program must enroll in two academic subjects or one academic subject and foreign language. This is a partial day program with classes scheduled daily each school day. Students in the dual enrollment program must attend their classes Monday-Friday in-person and on campus. Classes taken must be scheduled consecutively and will be with full-time enrolled WCA students. Specific offerings/class times are contingent upon the WCA schedule. The home education family is the primary educator (curriculum selection, planning, lesson delivery). WCA is not responsible for any record keeping and documentation associated with homeschooling or dual enrollment.
Our Program Offers:
- Chromebook and school supplies (text books) provided as part of the student fee (annual student fee is $325)
- Opportunity to take elective classes (optional)
- Classes taught by highly-qualified subject area expert
- Must take a Math placement test if wishing to enter into an above grade level course.
- Option to have your student participate in our sports programs
- Lottery preference for a return to WCA and for foreign language placement
- Option to participate in standardized testing for students
- According to Colorado Homeschool Law, “Each child participating in a home-based education program shall be evaluated when such child reaches grades three, five, seven, nine, and eleven. Each child shall be given a nationally standardized achievement test to evaluate the child’s academic progress, or a qualified person shall evaluate the child’s academic progress. . .”
- Supplement to homeschooling
- Attend daily classes
- Social/peer interaction
- Uniform required when on campus
- All campus rules apply (face-masks, lunch, behavior etc.)