WCA Health & Safety Protocols COVID-19
World Compass Academy
Back to School 2021-2022
Proposed COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Face Coverings No Longer Required
- Face coverings will no longer be required for any student or staff member, however, masks may be worn by those who feel more comfortable doing so.
- Face coverings will not be required in any educational space or activity including school buses, athletics, etc.
- Masks are supported if individuals choose or need to wear them and we will support this choice and work through each situation.
- Staff who are unvaccinated will be asked to wear a mask. Enforcement will be based on the honor system.
COVID Immunizations Not Mandatory
- WCA will continue to provide information to the community about COVID immunization opportunities as a courtesy for those who wish to access the vaccine. However, the COVID immunization will not be required for staff or students.
- Quarantines of healthy/non-symptomatic students and staff will be discontinued.
- Should a student or staff member test positive for COVID, they will be asked to isolate for 10 days.
- If you are exposed to someone who is positive for COVID, we recommend that you get a COVID-19 test three to five days after exposure and wear a mask in public for 14 days after exposure or until you have a negative test result. These precautions will help protect the people around you in the rare case of a breakthrough infection.
Physical Distancing No Longer Implemented
- Physical distancing will no longer be implemented.
Visitors in WCA Schools/Facilities Permitted
- In the 2021-2022 school year, visitors will be permitted in schools as they were pre-COVID. Face coverings will not be required for visitors; however, they may wear one if they are more comfortable doing so.
- The majority of WCA students do not have the option to be vaccinated. Therefore, we are requesting unvaccinated volunteers wear a mask covering (nose and mouth) while in the school building. Please help us keep kids safe.
Field Trips Resume
- Field trips including out-of-state trips will resume in 2021-2022.
Athletics and Activities Resume as Normal
- Athletics and activities will resume in 2021-2022.
- Athletes will undergo a temperature check before practice and games.
Facilities Rentals Resume
- Facilities rentals will resume as normal in 2021-2022.
- WCA will continue to encourage good hand hygiene, such as reminding students to wash hands after using the restroom, before meals, etc., and provide access to hand sanitizer stations.
- Touchpoints (i.e. doorknobs, light switches, etc.) will continue to be disinfected throughout all buildings on a daily basis.
- Teachers and staff will continue to have access to disinfectant supplies including disinfecting spray to clean high-touch areas regularly if desired.
- The school will be thoroughly sanitized during fall break, Thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break, when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, and when there is a prevalence of illness in the building.
- WCA has installed a Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization System that kills 99.9% of all airborne pathogens. Testing from third-party laboratories shows this technology is safe and effective.
- The WCA HVAC system mixes in fresh air at a rate that exceeds standards.