2022-2023 Guidance for DCSD Schools (PreK-12):
- COVID response will be treated like a routine illness (CDPHE Routine Disease Control).
- Staff will not require testing for students or staff to return to school after an illness. DCSD is not monitoring testing or vaccination status for students or staff.
- The state and local health departments ask that people voluntarily cooperate with isolation and quarantine instructions
- If you test positive for covid isolate for the first 5 days and until symptoms subside
- You may return to school if you wear a mask for the remaining 5 days (days 6-10) and are A-symptomatic (Total of 10 days)
- There is no requirement for staff or students who have been exposed to COVID to stay home and quarantine. However, if they are symptomatic it should be treated like a routine illness (see above).
Douglas County School District will continue with the following illness mitigation measures: air purifiers, ventilation, hand washing, and routine cleaning procedures in schools.