Middle School Athletics
World Compass Academy participates in the South Metro Charter Conference. This opportunity offers both JV 5th-8th graders and Varsity 6th-8th graders athletes a chance to compete against several other charter schools in the area. WCA students have the option to participate in any sport not offered at World Compass Academy with their feeder area Middle School. WCA also offers a developmental team to enhance your students knowledge and sports ability.
Middle School Sports Seasons
Fall Season: Girls Volleyball, Boys Soccer & Coed Cross Country
Winter(1) Season: Boys Basketball & Cheerleading
Winter (2) Season: Girls Basketball & Cheerleading
Spring Season: Girls Soccer & Boys Volleyball
Boys Soccer Schedule (FALL)
Girls Volleyball Schedule (FALL)
Winter Sports Registration
How to Sign-up for Athletics
- Click on one of the links above or go to MySchoolBucks account, Click on School Store (scroll down), View all, Click on Sport
- Make-Payment $170 per sport for each season (23-24 school year)
- Submit Physical Form prior to the first practice to Athletic Director, Natalie Johnson (make sure your students name is on it)
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM This is the only form we are able to accept for participation.
Please take this to your students physician for signature and/or updated physical.
NOTE: If you are registering for a second/third sport season you must complete the forms and payment in MySchoolBucks for each season, but do not have to submit another physical unless your is expired.
Middle School Sports Sign-up Windows
Fall Season: Girls Volleyball, Boys Soccer & Coed Cross Country - sign-up dates coming soon!
Winter(1) Season: Boys Basketball & Coed Cheerleading - sign-up TBD
Winter (2) Season: Girls Basketball & Coed Cheerleading - sign-up TBD
Spring Season: Girls Soccer & Boys Volleyball - sign-up TBD
Sign-up for all sports during the sign-up window in Myschoolbucks
Cheer shoes can be purchased at any cheer website. I like this one https://www.omnicheer.com/
Eligibility Requirements Please remember you are students 1st and athletes 2nd.
5th -8th Grade
- If a student-athlete has late/missing work in any of their classes they must complete the late/missing work as soon as possible. The student athlete cannot attend practices and games until eligibility is reinstated.
- The student-athlete must be in school for 3 ½ hours to be considered eligible to practice or participate in a game on the day of a game.
- Student-athlete grades will be checked every Thursday during the Season.
- If the student-athlete has two classes under the required 70% they will be considered ineligible the entire next week from games and practices.
- Please remember that your student is participating in a team event.
- Please don’t use missing athletics as a punishment as others depend on them being at practice and games.
- Please try to schedule appointments and vacations around practices and games as the team depends on them to be there.
- First week of EVERY Sport Practice is Monday-Thursday
- Basketball & Volleyball practices
- Monday & Tuesday immediately after school until 5:30pm pick-up gym doors. Please be prompt for pick-up
- Soccer & XC practices
- Monday & Tuesday immediately after school until 5:30pm pick-up on the field Please be prompt for pick-up
- Cheer practices
- Monday & Tuesday immediately after school
- JV Cheer pick-up gym doors 5:15pm
- Varsity Cheer pick-up gym doors 5:45pm
- Please be prompt for pick-up
- All Clinics are the Second Week of Sport Season (suspended 2021-2022 COVID)
- Students leave classroom to change in the locker rooms at ALL CALL
- Volleyball/Basketball/Cheerleading Pick-up: Gym Doors
- Soccer/X-Country Pick-up: Field
(*no entry to the school is permitted during pick-up)
- Home Games
- Students dismissed at 3:30pm to change in Middle School restrooms
- Parents can enter game through GYM DOORS only after “all call”
- Siblings can come to the gym at all call & must SIT with their parents at all times during home games
- Away Games
- Early Dismissal, Coach will provide times and schedules
- Parents must drive all Athletes to away games & all athletes must be picked up at the gym doors
- We will be traveling to a variety of facilities for away events. Please do not arrive at a school before 4:00pm to avoid “pick-up traffic” and other specific school events. At 4:00pm we are allowed to park within the school parking lot.
- Maps & addresses will be provided by your coach
- Siblings must SIT with their parents at all times when at a visiting school
Any date that has a BYE, practice in lieu of a game is at the discretion of the coach.
- Maintain the high standards of sporting conduct
- Uphold the integrity of athlete and team, school and community
- Be respectful to all athletes, opponents, officials, coaches, and other parents
- Please do not approach a referee or score table
- Talk directly with the Coach if you have any questions or concerns, if you can’t resolve it then the AD can be contacted. 1st Line of Communication=Coach
Game Day Volunteers Required
- Soccer Home Games: Line Judge, Score Sheet, Game Clock
- Home Games: Line Judge, Score Sheet, Score Board
- Away Games: Line Judge
- Cross Country Meets: Timers
- Basketball Home Games: Score Sheet, Score Board
- Cheerleading Home/Away: Team Parent
ALL parents are required to volunteer for at least one game. Please be prepared to be asked at the game if needed.
- Please take a mask with you to all indoor athletic events. Some school are requiring masks. As you know things will change throughout the season. Be prepared to wear it if asked to. Updated 10/15 Masks decisions are up to each family.
- Sorry, there are no refunds for COVID related circumstances, unfortunately we cannot predict these and have already purchased items and hired coaches.
Please reach out to our Athletic Director Natalie Johnson for more information.
2023-24 Athletic Director:
Head Coach: Hector Gonzales
Assistant Coach: Angela Gonzales
Coed Cross Country
Head Coach: Bethany Merkling
Head Coach: Taryn Tripp
Assistant Coach: John Forsythe