World Compass Academy participates in the South Metro Charter Conference. This opportunity offers both JV 5th-8th graders and Varsity 6th-8th graders athletes a chance to compete against several other charter schools in the area. WCA students have the option to participate in any sport not offered at World Compass Academy with their feeder area Middle School.
How to Sign-up for Athletics
- Go to MySchoolBucks account, Click on School Store (scroll down), View all, Click on Sport
- Make-Payment $160 per sport for each season (cheer can save $20 by signing up for both sessions at one time)
- Submit Physical Form to Athletic Director: Lisa Carpenter (make sure your students name is on it)
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORM This is the only form we are able to accept for participation. Please take this to your students physician for signature and/or updated physical.
NOTE: If you are registering for a second/third sport season you must complete the forms and payment in MySchoolBucks for each season, but do not have to submit another physical unless your is expired.
Registration for Winter Sports opens Sept 20- Oct 8
Winter(1) Season: Boys Basketball & Cheerleading
Parent Meeting for Boys Basketball & Cheer October 7th: 4:15pm Cafeteria
- All Cheerleaders need to learn the dance prior to the first day of practice. Cheer Dance
- Cheer Team Selections October 11-14 after school until 5:00pm
11th practice day12th 6th graders tryout due to outdoor ed (other grades practice)13th-14th other grades tryoutCheer shoes can be purchased at any cheer website. I like this one https://www.omnicheer.com/
Winter (2) Season: Girls Basketball & Cheerleading Registration will open TBA
- 70% or above in 5 of the 6 core classes to be eligible to practice, play, or cheer. (Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language)
- If student-athlete has grades below 70% in 2 of the 6 classes they are considered ineligible to practice, play, or cheer.
- The student-athlete must be in school for 3 1⁄2 hours to be considered eligible to practice or participate in a game on the day of a game.
- Student-athlete grades will be checked every Tuesday during the season by the AD. Parents will be notified by email if their student is ineligible.
Please remember you are students 1st and athletes 2nd.
- Monday & Tuesday after school until 5:30pm, First week of all Sports Practice is Monday-Thursday
- First Practice of Winter is Oct 25-28 Basketball Oct 11-13 Cheer Team Selections & Oct 25-28 Practice
- All Clinics are the Second Week of Sport Season
- Last Day of Fall Season Oct 7, of Winter (1) TBA
- Students leave classroom to change in the locker rooms at ALL CALL
- Pick-up After Practices at 5:30pm all sports except Cheer, JV Cheer pick-up 5:15pm Varsity Cheer pick-up 5:45pm
- Volleyball/Basketball/Cheerleading Pick-up: Gym Doors
- Soccer/X-Country Pick-up: Field
(*no entry to the school is permitted during pick-up)
- Home Games
- Students dismissed at 3:30pm to change
- Parents can enter game through GYM DOORS only after “all call”
- Siblings must SIT with their parents at all times during home games
- Away Games
- Early Dismissal, Coach will provide times and schedules
- Parents must drive all Athletes to away games
- We will be traveling to a variety of facilities for away events. Please do not arrive at a school before 4:00pm to avoid “pick-up traffic” and other specific school events. At 4:00pm we are allowed to park within the school parking lot.
- Maps & addresses will be provided by your coach
- Siblings must SIT with their parents at all times when at a visiting school
Any date that has a BYE, practice in lieu of a game is at the discretion of the coach.
- Maintain the high standards of sporting conduct
- Uphold the integrity of athlete and team, school and community
- Be respectful to all athletes, opponents, officials, coaches, and other parents
- Please do not approach a referee or score table
- Talk directly with the Coach if you have any questions or concerns, if you can’t resolve it then the AD can be contacted. 1st Line of Communication=Coach
Game Day Volunteers Required
- Soccer Home Games: Line Judge, Score Sheet, Game Clock
- Home Games: Line Judge, Score Sheet, Score Board
- Away Games: Line Judge
- Cross Country Meets: Timers
- Basketball Home Games: Score Sheet, Score Board
- Cheerleading Home/Away: Team Parent
ALL parents are required to volunteer for at least one game. Please be prepared to be asked at the game if needed.
- Please take a mask with you to all indoor athletic events. Some school are requiring masks. As you know things will change throughout the season. Be prepared to wear it if asked to. Updated: 9/14 Masks are required at all indoor athletic events except cheerleading in accordance with Tri-county.
- Sorry, there are no refunds for COVID related circumstances, unfortunately we cannot predict these and have already purchased items and hired coaches.
Please reach out to our Athletic Director Lisa Carpenter for more information.
|Girls Volleyball 2021||location|
|Tuesday, Aug 31||Canceled||@ LP|
|Thursday, Sept 2||
|Wednesday, Sept 8||
|Thursday, Sept 9||Practice|
|Wednesday, Sept 15||Practice|
|Thursday, Sept 16||Home||ACA|
|Tuesday, Sept 21||Away||@AVA|
|Wednesday, Sept 22||Away||@ AVA|
|Tuesday, Sept 28||Away:Front Range||@ ACA|
|Wednesday, Sept 29||Home||LP|
|Thursday, Sept 30||Practice|
ACA Home Games: Front Range Volleyball Club, 8480 Upland Dr suite 100, Englewood, CO 80112.
|Tuesday, Aug 31||canceled||@LP|
|Wednesday, Sept 8||canceled||WCA|
|Wednesday, Sept 15||Home||WCA|
|Wednesday, Sept 22||Home||WCA|
|Saturday, Sept 25||Away||Rock Canyon, Runners Roost|
Wednesday, Sept 29
Saturday, October 30
|Boys Soccer 2021||location|
|Tuesday, Aug 31||Canceled||@ AVA|
|Thursday, Sept 2||
|Wednesday, Sept 8||Rescheduled||ACA|
|Thursday, Sept 9||Rescheduled||@ AVA|
|Tuesday, Sept 14||
|Thursday, Sept 16||Away||@ DA|
|Tuesday, Sept 21||Away Wildcat Ridge Park||ACA|
|Wednesday, Sept 22||Home||AVA|
|Tuesday, Sept 28||
|Wednesday, Sept 29||
|Thursday, Sept 30||Home||DA|
ACA Home Games: Wildcat Ridge Park 10401 Cheetah Winds, Lone Tree, CO 80124.
Co-Ed Cross Country
Coach: Amanda Cox
Coaches: Joey Scotten
Coach: Doug Mulford
Coach: Lisa Carpenter
Coach: Amanda Cox
Coach: Amanda Cox
Coach: Joey Scotten